Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DVRage


You know what stinks? When you program your DVR to "tape" (yes, I still say this. I also use the phrase "ice box" for refrigerator and "turn the channel" to indicate that I would prefer watching something else on TV) a show and it cuts off the last minute or two. ANNOYING. If the program doesn't run exactly on the hour, the DVR should know this, no?

Usually, the only negative effect this has on me is causing me to miss out on the previews for next week's "Top Chef", and since they run commercials on Bravo for the show approximately every 6 seconds, that's not a huge deal.

But on Sunday, I watched a very long, very boring, very dorky "Very Duggar Wedding." This was the "very special episode" of that show where the parents have like 64 kids as a penance for goofing up their birth control once and suffering a miscarriage. So now they have 136 kids and their own church or something. Evidently, their oldest is like 18 so it's time for him to be married off and start a cult of his own. Intriguing was the fact that prior to the wedding, the bride and groom had not so much as smooched. I think they were permitted to exchange a rousing high-five when they got engaged, but that's about it.

So after an hour of like, lame wacky hijinx ("We Saran-wrapped their car shut!"), they finally get married, the dude becomes the bride's master, blah blah blah, and then suddenly everyone is at the local Red Roof Inn to I guess engage in some sort of weird, medieval villagers-gathering-to-make-sure-the-marriage-is-consummated kind of a thing (Or something - I was simultaneously looking up Virgania Horsen SNL sketches on Hulu). Just as an uncle or one of the 48 brothers (or maybe the dad, JimBob) is sliding a key card into the door of their hotel room (thereby revealing whatever debauchery was going inside - hand holding?!?!), my DVR cut out. What the?! Now I'll never know what went on in there.

On second thought, thanks, DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment