Monday, April 20, 2009

Lovin' Lifetime.


Even though I've had the distinct honor of having watched "The Invisible Child" (Tom Hanks' wife thinks she has a kid that doesn't exist and everyone goes along with it!), I'm still coming late to the party that is The Lifetime Original Movie.

Seriously, they're soooooo good. The one on yesterday afternoon ("Her Only Child") featured the girl who played the older daughter on "The Nanny" and some lady who looks crazy when the occasion calls for it (e.g. being in a Lifetime Original Movie). Nanny Girl finds a hot piece and crazy mom freaks out because that means the end of her being the center of Nanny Girl's attention. So mom does stuff like poisoning the Nanny Girl's dog in a bid to keep her close! I hope I'm not giving anything away. Let's just say it all ends up with inappropriate work attire, gunplay and a stint in a psych ward.

During the whole mess, they were advertising something called "Unbalanced", which is premiering on Lifetime next Saturday night at 9:00pm. I don't know what that is, but I'm pretty sure that title can apply to each and every made-for-TV movie ever shown on that network. I can't wait to stumble across the next one.

1 comment:

  1. The best part is that it's called "television for women."

    Get it? We're all nuts!

    ReplyDelete