Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Can it in the Can.


People exhibit all kinds of weird behavior in public bathrooms. At work, I just want to get in and out of there - I'm not trying to have an impromptu meeting or to primp.

Some people, though, seem to love chillin' in the bathroom. These are the types who think it's somehow acceptable to strike up a conversation with you while you're in the stall. Listen, once that door closes, let's all do one another a favor and maintain at least the illusion of anonymity. This lady where I used to work would enter the bathroom and actively try to identify who was in the stall based upon their footwear. "Look at those cute boots! Who's in there?!" I'm sorry, but that's just a tad intimate for me. Leave me alone!

As far as hand drying goes, is it really necessary to use a ream of paper to dry your hands? How about taking a sensibly sized piece of paper towel instead of cranking on the hand thing 90 times and pumping out 4 acres' worth?

I also don't get the brushers and flossers. "Oooh, look at me. I'm exercising advanced dental hygeine." I don't know - there's just something weird about that. Suddenly, I feel like I'm in the dorm and should be schlepping back to my office with my crate of shampoo and soap.

Also gross: people who bring food into the bathroom. Okay, that's disgusting. Remember that lame movie "Clockwatchers" with Nosey Parker and Lisa Kudrow? There was a scene where I think Toni Collette was eating lunch IN A BATHROOM STALL and that was the point where I tapped out. Way to make me sick.

What's your restroom pet peeve?

1 comment:

  1. Hoverers drive me insane. As much as I love removing your urine from the toilet seat while you're washing your hands, I'd prefer to just sit down. Hovering. ARGH. Love, Sarah Furious

    ReplyDelete