Monday, February 23, 2009

Grammy's Mix Tape.




Good news:  the folks at Crystal Light have somehow gotten ahold of the results of your grandma dabbling in 80's technology and are offering you the ability to purchase "Grammy's Mix Tape" if you so desire.  

First of all, "Grammy's" is obviously just plan wrong.  If it is a mix tape from the Grammy Awards, it should just be Grammys Mix Tape, yes?  And if they insist on denoting possession, then it would be Grammys' Mix Tape, no?

Perhaps more importantly, why, in 2009, is anyone (including your grandma) still making mix tapes?  I held on to my cassette tapes to the bitter end and even I was forced to recognize that era is dead and gone.


Finally, people still drink Crystal Light?

1 comment:

  1. It's a linguistic vestige--like "lead pencil" or "Fresca".

    Example:

    Me: Toss me a Fresca!

    Liz: How about I stab you in the neck with this lead pencil instead?

    ReplyDelete