Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lotto, Schmotto.


After a particularly bad/soul-sucking/craptastic day, do you ever find yourself purchasing a lottery ticket, momentarily entertaining the notion of rolling around in a big pile of moolah while telling your boss to cram it with walnuts? But then it turns out you don't win and are instead even more disgruntled, downtrodden and disgusted?

Admit it: you've been there. And it should come as no surprise, because I'm convinced the lottery is a(nother) state-sponsored scam. A scam, I tell you! Have you ever known anyone personally who was won big bucks in the lottery? I'm not talking about some fool who netted like $500. I'm talking about the ridiculous jackpots that would likely ruin your life and see you inundated with calls from long lost friends, family and children. No? That's because no one wins! The state keeps the money and doles out paltry amounts to keep suckers interested. I'm convinced it's all a sham.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I once again failed to win the lotto yesterday and can't afford a big, tricked-out belt buckle like (the artist formerly known as Lil') Romeo, over there.

2 comments:

  1. you know i'm buying my powerball tickets today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like diversionary tactics to me-- what did I say last time I won the super mega jackpot? Lotto, schmotto, that's my motto. hey, that rhymes with tomatto.

    ReplyDelete